Live streaming. Hybrid events. Product presentations.
Streaming your event made easy. Even if it gets technically more complicated, you don't have to worry about it. That is our service. We support and accompany you from planning to implementation.
For an easy start, we offer two packages. However, we can also put together an individual offer for you.
Live Streaming «Basic»
The right choice if you want to broadcast an event in a simple and professional way.
- 2 hours live streaming
- 2 cameras (one operated, one static)
- 2 microphones
- 1 cameraman/director in personal union
- Simple technical clarifications and planning
- Any streaming or conferencing platform can be used
- Support for setting up the streaming
- Small test run from the office on request
- Your laptop as image source, e.g. with presentations
- Set-up, rehearsal and test run on site, approx. 2h
- Equipment (camera, sound, video direction)
- Travelling time, total 2h included
- Mobility costs
- Recording as mp4 file
- Live Chat and Landingpage
- Other microphones or cameras
- Professional lighting
- Calling in external speakers
- Longer streaming time
1'500.– CHF excl. VAT
Live Streaming «Branding»
The ideal package if you value an all-round appearance. High flexibility in content and layout characterises this offer.
- Includes the offer "Basic"
- Advanced design options
- Animated belly bands adapted to your corporate design
- Or takeover of existing templates from your company
- Animated belly bands adapted to your design
- Your logo as Station ID in the image
- Set-up, rehearsal and test run on site, approx. 3h
- Additional video direction equipment
- Recording of streaming included
3'000.– CHF excl. VAT
Offer Hybrid Event
You have planned an event that will take place on site. Now you want to expand the group of participants virtually. All participants, whether physical or virtual, should have the same opportunities for interaction. On the big screen in the room, it is possible to switch flexibly between presentation and video conference. In this way, virtual participants can be seamlessly connected for questions.
1'700.- CHF excl. VAT
- Live Streaming «Basic»
- Additional video and audio hardware for «hybrid»
Assumptions for this package
In the room, the sound from the microphones can be picked up or the microphones in the "Basic" package are sufficient for the stream. The room has a video projection option. As video conferencing software you can use an existing solution (e.g. Zoom, Microsoft Teams and others) or I can provide you with Google Meet.
- Additional audio equipment such as microphones and mixing desk
- Video projection
- Video recording
Differences in the possibilities of interaction
- Stream viewers can join in via video and sound in real time and are visible in the room on the screen
- Questions can also be asked via text chat
- Depending on the software, voting and polls are also possible
Normal Live Streaming
- No stream viewer interaction desired
- Questions can be asked via text chat
- Individual speakers can be connected
In these documents you can see the prices of different options.
Internal staff events
Customer references in the area of live streaming
Katholische Kirche Winterthur
Streaming production process
- Clarify your needs
- Preparation of the offer
- Placing of order
- Joint detailed planning of the event
- Technical clarifications
- Physical or virtual tour of the room
- Setting up the live event on the streaming platform
On the day of streaming
- Setting up the technology on site
- Rehearsal with protagonists
- Streaming production
After the event
- Handover of the recording, if ordered
- Debriefing and feedback session, as desired
- You will receive my invoice
Live streaming offer «Basic»
Technically, this offer is simpler in terms of complexity and effort. The director can switch between four image sources and also combine two as "picture in picture". In the offer, the following picture divisions are possible as an example:
Camera 1, operated
This camera is operated and tracks the person currently speaking in close-up.
Camera 2, static
This camera shows an overview shot of the scene. Depending on the programme sequence, the image section can be changed during the stream.
Show your presentation or films with sound from your laptop directly in the livestream.
Camera 1 and presentation "Picture in Picture"
In the presentation, the speaker is faded in at the bottom right. The director can decide dynamically when this makes sense.
The presentation and the speaker are faded in simultaneously. The layout is freely selectable. The director can decide dynamically when this image composition makes sense.
Live streaming offer «Branding»
Thanks to a powerful director's computer, much more is possible in terms of design with this offer. The camera settings are the same as for the "Basic" offer.
Camera 1, operated
This camera is operated and tracks the person currently speaking in close-up.
Camera 2, static
This camera shows an overview shot of the scene.
Use animated belly bands and other graphic elements. I provide a flexible template for this or take over your corporate design. Your logo can be permanently displayed as a station ID in the image.
Films and other media can be played in from the director's computer at any time at the touch of a button. The possibilities are practically unlimited.
Combine presentations and speakers flexibly
You can show your presentation to the audience without overlaying the speaker. Layout and background can be adapted individually. Different layouts can be used within a streaming.
Live chat and landing page
Enhance your stream with a live chat. Viewers can conveniently and easily ask questions and interact with you. This offer provides the following advantages and features:
- Private page with your livestream and chat
- Customisable layout and content
- Viewers do not need to log in for the chat
- They can simply enter their name
- Moderation with advanced rights
- Password-protected access to the site on request
- Saving the chat log after the event for evaluation
- Own link to the landing page: smartstreaming.ch/your_event
- Runs on all devices
500.– CHF excl. VAT
This is what the landing page typically looks like to the viewer:
What's all in it?
- Create landing page and link
- You get your own login for moderation
- Submit chat transcript afterwards
If you would like to try out this offer in advance, we can conduct a live test.
This solution has the advantage over other services such as Youtube that users do not need to have an account of the respective platform to participate in the chat.
In-depth information on the topic of streaming
Differences between streaming and videoconferencing
This medium is comparable to a television programme. A video signal is sent to many viewers. Viewers can interact via text chat and similar methods. Typical platforms are Vimeo, Youtube or Microsoft Teams Live Events.
- High resolution: FullHD (1920x1080 pixels)
- High data rate: approx. 6Mbit/s
- High video quality
- Audience members cannot join in spontaneously via camera or microphone. External speakers, however, can.
- There is typically a delay of about 30s to the viewer. This is due to buffering from the server and converting the stream to additional resolutions for slower internet connections.
All participants have the opportunity to interact via video camera and/or microphone. For example, for question rounds or games. This is done via Zoom, Microsoft Teams or Google Meet.
- All can participate via video and/or audio
- There is no time delay between all participants
- Resolution reduced: maximum 1280x720 pixels, sometimes even less
- Data rate limited: approx. 1.5Mbit/s
- Poorer video quality
When you have virtual viewers and on-site audiences, you want to give both groups the same experience. This is called a hybrid event or hybrid streaming. Thanks to my partners in the event industry, in addition to streaming, I can also offer sound reinforcement and more from a single source. Depending on the location, I can also implement the entire technology without additional partners.
Streaming platform of your choice
The video signal must somehow get from the location to the viewer. And when many people are watching at the same time, there is a lot of data traffic. That's why you need a service provider with servers who can take care of that. I provide Vimeo and Youtube and for conferences Google Meet. But you can also use your own account of a platform.
I have already worked with these services: Vimeo, Youtube, Microsoft Teams, Zoom, EasyWebinar, Simplex, Google Meet and Global Meet.
Internet connection and data rate
The internet connection is almost the most important thing for reliable livestreaming. A data rate of at least 20Mbit/s upload should be available. I highly recommend a connection via network cable. In an emergency, a WLAN will also do. And if there is nothing at all at the location, I still have a mobile router.
Modern cameras with the right lenses capture the action. Depending on the requirements and the event, additional cameras can also be used.
Laptop as image source
You can show presentations and other media directly in the livestream from a laptop. Your device must have an HDMI output for this.
We recommend using your laptop, because this way you can test the PowerPoint in advance and all formatting is guaranteed to be correct.
The image signal from the laptop can also be duplicated so that the presentation can be seen in the stream and on a beamer/display in the room.
Quality and recording
I can record the streaming locally. Compared to the recording in the cloud of the streaming service, the quality is many times higher. So you can publish the event as a whole afterwards or cut individual elements. I will be happy to support you in this. It is also possible to record all cameras individually. This way, even more extensive adjustments are possible in the edit.
Maximum quality of the director's shot: FullHD (1920x1080)
Maximum quality of the cameras: UHD/4K (3840x2160)
Depending on the requirements of the event, there are various options to choose from. I will be happy to choose the right solution for you.
- Lapel Microphone / Lavalier Microphone
- Hand microphone
- Table/stand microphone
Sound technology available
You already have an audio system with a mixing desk and a sound engineer on site. For streaming, I can tap the sound from this. I can determine the audio interface with the sound technician beforehand.
Depending on the requirements and premises, we can provide sufficient light with modern and powerful LED lamps.
You can book the following for your event:
- Virtually connected external speakers
- Additional cameras (static or operated)
- Replay, e.g. at sporting events
- Additional working hours for preparation or streaming
- Preparing films, photos and documents for the presentation
- Film editing before or after the event
To add speakers from around the world to the stream in high quality, I offer an easy way. The advantages are:
- Simple interface
- Multiple participants can be connected
- Speakers can also be shown to a local audience
- Internal chat for communication with the director
- Sharing PowerPoint from your own computer
This is the interface that an external speaker expects:
Beforehand, a short test run is carried out with each speaker in order to achieve an optimal result.
For the connection of external speakers, an internet connection via cable is absolutely necessary. A minimum data rate of 50Mbit/s for download and upload is recommended.
The duration of a live broadcast is based on the agreed hours. Breaks are not included in the calculation. If the stream lasts significantly longer, each hour will be charged in full. The offers refer to one event on one day at one location.
Set-up and rehearsals will take place on the day of the livestream. If this is not possible or if set-up on the previous day is desired, additional costs will be incurred at least for the additional travel time.